Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Introduction

Hello!

My name is Nate Rosenberg and I am a proud liberal.  I started this blog because I come from a very conservative area in rural Pennsylvania.  I wanted to be able to have educated discussions with people who believe in climate change and who don't think homosexuality is an abomination.


Summaries of Several of my Positions:
1.  Abortion - Personally, I can't picture myself advocating for an abortion in a personal situation, though if that's what my significant other wanted, I would respect that.  On a larger scale, I believe in a woman's right to choose and it should be an option.
2.  LGBT Rights -  It pisses me off when people use the bible to justify homophobia.  I usually reference them to the fantastic West Wing scene when President Bartlet points out all the commandments that are ignored.
3. Climate Change/Global Warming - While I accept that the Sun is warming up and is part of the natural process, I also recognize that the human race is certainly not helping the situation and if we did something to fix this crisis, the effects would not be as bad.
4.  The Affordable Health Care Act - Obamacare is a great idea.  Universal healthcare is fantastic and I think we should try to make it work.  President Obama needs to be faithful to his promises and allow people to keep their previous plans.  Of course, the website needs to be fixed.  But can you blame Obama and Sebelius for technical issues?  It's the internet. Nothing runs smoothly.  Also, the Republicans need to accept Obamacare and instead of trying to destroy it, help make it run smoother so they can stop complaining about it!
5.  Syria - Ah Syria...  This is the one issue that I have no opinion on.  I make up my mind and then I change it.  Instead of getting into it now, I'm going to come back to this one so I can do it justice.

Some Personal Heroes:
Bill and Hillary Clinton
Elizabeth Warren
John B Anderson
George McGovern
Joe Biden


That's all for today!  Thanks for reading!

Note Nov 19:  Apologies for the formatting issues - Technology and I are not best friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment